Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Well surprise, surprise. I was called a bitch today, by an 8 year old. No, not by one of my kids, a neighbor kid. That's alright though, his mama has to deal with him not me. The house next door to me has been empty for over a year now (it was a foreclosure) another neighbor kid took his BB Gun and broke some windows a few months back. Needless to say, his BB gun was taken away. I always watch the house as closely as I can, because let's face it, I don't think the kids around here have ever been taught to respect other peoples property. If they have, it's not enforced.

Anyway, I caught potty mouth boy and BB boy messing around by the (outdoor) hot water heater to the house. Naturally I got on them about being on property that doesn't belong to them, and the dangers of messing around with the heater (it's obviously not turned on, but they don't know that) and about other neighbors possibly calling the police because somebody is trespassing. And for that, potty mouth boy called me a bitch. Then I remembered a homage to the word "bitch". I'd like to share it with you.

BITCH

When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch.
When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch.
When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts, or do things my way, they call me a bitch.
Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my heart. It means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.
When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak up against it, they call me a bitch.
I have the courage and strength to be who I truly am, and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I should be.
I am outspoken, opinionated and determined.
So go ahead, try and stomp on me. Try to douse my inner flame, try and squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me.
You won't succeed
If this makes me a bitch, so be it. I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.

Beauty In Total Control of Herself

2 comments:

  1. Kids, eh? Although I don't like being called a bit** by someone who's barely out of diapers, it beats being called a fu***** c***! Come to Oz and experience it yourself.
    Never mind... don't! I'll just come home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably go to jail or get my ass beat in OZ if I was called the "C" word. Yep, better you come home and we be bitches together ;) hahaha

    ReplyDelete