Monday, May 24, 2010

What does it mean?

I had a strange dream last night. I was dreaming of my mom. My mom passed away in February of 1996, even though it's not unusual to dream about her. When I do it's usually in past tense not in present tense. Last night it was in present tense.

It started off with my mom coming down here to my house. We were going to take a trip to Kate's in Australia. In my dream there was no ocean to cross and I drove all the way. Next part of the dream that I remember is Kate serving (American style) breakfast to her Aussie and American friends (who now live in Australia) but she's trying to raise enough money so she can move back, so she's charging them for breakfast.

Then I remember my mom arguing with somebody (which was not in her nature) because Kate slaved so hard making french toast and the person didn't like it. Then I remember Kate saying something like "that was 60 cents down the drain". The whole time I was doing dishes (which I hate doing) and then Kate got mad at me because I wasn't being fast enough or she thought I missed a dish, something like that. I don't remember it clearly.

My dream ended there, because I woke up to lights coming from the living room, at first I thought it was a cop car because the lights were red and blue. I got up and realized that Sis was up watching cartoons, it was 4:30 in the a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Well, girl, it sounds to me like you're missing your mom and me both. Or maybe even seeing similarities between us? Now THAT would be cool, eh, because I sure wish I could have "met" her properly instead of just seeing her in the cafe! :)

    And yeah, I do tend to 'mother' people, but I sure as heck don't do "mad". Never have, unless it's really warranted... and dishes and slowness sure don't warrant getting mad about! I would have shot the Old Guy years ago, if that was the case. ;)

    I was thinking this morning about one of Josh's favorite recipes (Stuffing Atop Chops) and feeling bad that I never made it for him while we were there... maybe I can send you the recipe, and you can make it for him!? ;)
    Oh, and I left piecrust in the fridge and a bag of pecans, to use up those 2 dusty bottles of corn syrup on the top shelf...lol!

    And hun? Anytime you want to drive on over here... just say the word, and I'll make the beds up and start mixin margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... it's been weeks now, and here I sit, hoping you'll blog about your trip home.
    Sheesh girl, give this old girl something to look forward to, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete