Monday, August 16, 2010

IMHO

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile, and after such a long absence maybe I should be talking about what I did over the summer....but I'm not.

I'm sure you have heard about the tragedy here in California. 8 people died at the California 200 off-road race. My heart goes out to the family and friends of those who passed and of those who were injured. Being an off-roader myself it's troubling to hear of such news.

Another troubling report about this story is how race fan's were throwing rocks at the driver of the truck. As sad as this accident is, it was just that, an accident. Those people made a conscience decision to stand next to the road. I'm sure they knew the risks of standing so close to the road that they could reach out and touch any one of the vehicles that passed by.

2 comments:

  1. We saw it on the news last night, and I was absolutely shocked that anyone would throw rocks at that poor driver! Can you imagine how horrible he must have felt in the first place?
    It was an ACCIDENT for crying out loud, and he sure as hell didn't mean for anyone to be hurt or killed - they were just standing too close!

    I'm so sorry for the victims and their families, as well as for the driver... they'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be lots of changes because of this accident. It's amazing that this has never happen before. What a tragic things it is.
    I did not hear that people were throwing rocks at the driver. I guess they had to direct their anger somewhere. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete