Let me tell you about my neighborhood. It's a nice middle class neighborhood, with a range of different people. We have retirees and families. People of different religions. We have the partiers, and the very straight laced. And like with most neighborhoods, we have the grumpy old man who hates everybody and the woman who yells at the kids who are misbehaving, disrespecting or causing trouble.
I pride myself on keeping the kids on the straight and narrow. Yes! I am the woman who keeps the kids in line. If I see a child who thinks it would be fun to run up onto and then jump on the hood of a neighbors car, I will correct that. If I see a child harassing somebody's dog, I will correct that too.
There's an older couple who has moved across the street from me. I'm assuming it's their daughter (but she doesn't live there) who visits the couple daily and usually is there by the time school lets out. She is a cop, of the rental kind. With a big attitude to match.
I kinda have to laugh (scratch that) I do laugh. Because she walks around in her uniform with her right hand on her hip, ready to whip out that pepper spray if the need be. I can just picture a criminal with a hand gun running away in fear with his hands flailing in the air, screaming like a little girl because she is armed with pepper spray and an attitude. NOT!
I've noticed that the kids, make a point to walk on my side of the street now though. Guess they like me better :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment