Sis, my daughter (nickname of course) has really been spooked by the recent earthquake and aftershocks that we've been having. You see, she was at the local park on an Easter Egg Hunt with her neighbor friend and his Grandma. So when the earthquake hit on Easter Sunday she was basically alone (without her family).
She has been carrying around her Easter Basket with her favorite things (ipod, dsi, stuffed animals) and some things she feels she may need and won't be able to get to, such as Claritin, eye drops and her tooth brush. It's kind of funny when you think of it, but hey. Her allergies won't be acting up and her eyes won't be itchy, if we happen to end up homeless because of an earthquake.
She doesn't want to be left alone in a room by herself. Her Tio told her that you shouldn't close any doors, because in an earthquake they could get jammed and then you wouldn't be able to open them. So last night, she slept with me in my room. I finally convinced her to let me shut the door. I told her that if all else fails I would break the big double paned plate glass window. When she asked me what I would use, I told her that I would hit it with the barrel of my .22 rifle. She settled down and finally went to sleep.
I'm hoping as time goes on and the aftershocks lessen, she will be comfortable enough to be in a room by herself and not feel she needs to go to sleep with her shoes on, in fear of glass breaking and cutting her feet. But until then, I will be patient and reassuring her everyday that things will be alright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment