There's a web site out of my hometown/county that I view on a daily basis. How would I describe it? It's news of the county and beyond, but then I don't think the people who put it together claim to be reporters in a sense. They inform the county of what's going on as far as, who's running for which office or if somebody is raising money for an event. New businesses that are opening, you get my drift!
My favorite part of the whole site is it's poll. And no matter what the poll is about, somebody is going to make it political. Then you have the transplants from the bay area and beyond (not all) who think because they're from the city, they're so much smarter then the uneducated country bumpkins. Almost like we're an Indigenous people or something, and we have no knowledge of the outside world.
It amazes me how they complain about the locals and their country way of thinking, but then turn around in the same breath and talk about one of the reasons they moved from the city is because they love that small town feel. Some of those people can get down right snotty with each other on that website. I'll admit it. I've partaken in the snottyness. I don't usually start it, but I will defend myself or any of the locals, who are being slandered. It's just that bitchy nature of mine. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ha! Flatlanders... I can't stand 'em! Well, to be honest, I guess I'll always be a flatlander to the locals, but at least my kids were born and raised in God's Country, ya know?
ReplyDeleteCan you send the link for the website? I've been known to join in the snottyness myself a time or two.